Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Texas Independence Day!

Well this year on the sacred day of March 2nd I was blessed to spend the first Texas Independence Day in five years in the great State of Texas! WHOOP! So with that these last years I have been in DC I have had two rituals on this holiday one… claim my free meal at Austin Grill by sporting my Aggie Ring thus making all of my friends from lesser states a tad jealous at the wondrous Texas Special. And two I usually through my Chili party the weekend before or after.

This year I hosted it this past Saturday and as in the years past it was no let down. The day started with a good long run so that when I gorged myself later with all the chili, chips and guac, and desserts that I want I wouldn't feel bad. Then I got home showered and started cooking 3 large pots of Dales famous chili! (Side note to all my thrifty shoppers out there, I was stoked this year when I was able to buy 18 lbs of lean ground beef for the bargain price of $19.75, and it was awesome ground beef! But I digress) Around 7 pm Jodi showed up to help relieve me from the hours of constant stirring as you can not leave the pots for more than 5 minutes. And I finished getting ready for the guest. We had a great turn out this year and the chili was not as spicy as last years so more of my yankee friends were able to enjoy it. J/K it was a blast of a party and a great 5th annual!
Happy Texas Independence Day!!!

No comments: