Thursday, March 8, 2007

The One the Only J-Rod

J-Rod and I at Home Plate in Camden Yards
Chillin in Miami

One of the many weddings and few non-self-portraits of us!
Us at Brian and Becky's Wedding



Tough faces on in Kyle Field!



Well since I dissed Jared and demoted him the other I felt the need to give Mr. J-Rod his own props… my friend J-Rod may not play professional baseball but he does make one of the best professional wedding dates and all around friend a gal could ask for. Jared and I met under some pretty funny circumstances at camp a long time ago, needless to say there was some drama and Michelle had to step in to control the situation. But since then I have found a very loyal friend I can always count on. Many may remember in college I used to introduce him to girls in college as “Any girl not dating Jared is missing out” and I believe that still holds… He gets really embarrased when I say that :)

My favorite Jared story is after the hurricane, he took off of work and tirelessly searched for my missing family members in Houston. I never asked him to do this he just called and said I am heading to the shelter give me all the names… And contrary to popular belief we found he was not “dead inside” (as many believed) because he cried when he located my Aunt Rita at the very last hospital he checked. He has been my loyal wedding date to many of my sixteen weddings often driving me hours around Texas so I could fly cheaper into Houston. And I have even convinced him to take on many roles volunteering for the Republican Party, thus turning him into yet another political junky!

Jared is the king of self-portraits and rarely asks anyone to take pictures for him, he toured DC while I was at work and took all his pictures via self-portrait. There are MANY funny road trip stories or vacation stories to tell of Jared. But most of all I am glad to call him one of my closest friends no matter how cranky :) he gets!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jared was such a great help to me after hurricane Katrina. Even while looking for friends and family - he was always up that the church ready and willing to help us (as we were feeding 100's and 100's of people from Louisiana)! Thanks for posting the pictures...I have not seen him in a while!

J. said...

ok you have redeemed yourself michelle. man i sound like a good friend, you are very lucky to have me as one! just kiddin.

Kelly Fisher! I was going to stop by your office the other day, because I hadn't seen you in a while. I'll come see you soon.

Anonymous said...

Jared...I would love to see you! Please come by and see me...and also, the next time Michelle comes to Houston...bring her to me, please! It's about time the two of us met in person (don't you think, Michelle)? ha!

Kelli said...

Two of my favorite people :) Jared and Michelle from a long time at good old CBS.... I just found your blog Michelle through Amanda and Baby Bangs blog..... I'll be checking in with you, hope all is well!!

The other Kelli from UT