Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Dance Floor Divas!




So I calculated it the other day and realized that I have been in 16 weddings! With my brothers still to come in April! Recently I have been running the gauntlet of weddings with four in five months all back in Texas! (While I am excited to be able to make so many trips home this can put a strain on ones wallet…) but alas I am a sucker for weddings!

I get so excited to see my friends find the one God made just for them, and its neat to see God’s hand in their lives. I love it when I can say I was there from the beginning but sadly recently since I have left the Great State, I often meet my friend’s significant other for the first time at the rehearsal. But one of my favorite things about weddings is the reception! I love the fun and laughter and dancing… now you won’t be seeing me on Soul Train or American Bandstand with my moves, but I do love to break it down even if it means others laugh with me… well mostly at me.

My friend Jared is often my official wedding date as most of my weddings are in Houston or for mutual friends. But this past weekend I took my good friend Chris with me to Heather and Mikes wedding… and so sorry Jared… but he was the best wedding date ever! Want to know why… he danced just about every song with me! Often we were the only folks on the floor but heck we did not care we were there to have a good time and a good time was had! So I just wanted to give props out to my friend Chris for a being such a great wedding date and allowing himself to be embarrassed with me. Guys take note… all it takes is a few moves on the dance floor and you can have the girls swooning!
The pictures above are of the wedding fun. The first is Mike, Heather, Myself and Chris. The next is of my other dance floor partners Tricia (aka Trashy) and Melissa.

3 comments:

J. said...

oh i know you didn't just replace me as your professional wedding date!

Mendy said...

Crazy woman!!!! I love you (and your family!). Be good...

Mendy

Amanda said...

Sixteen weddings?!?! You are a very popular person! More imporantly, you are a very good friend to people. So glad you have a blog now!