Tuesday, March 27, 2007

City of Statues!

I am unsure of what Philadelphia’s city slogan is, but in any case I think it should be the Philly City of Random Statues! With that said it is truly a playground for this gal. I LOVE doing random things, and one of my favorites is taking random pictures, having a city FULL of crazy statues helps in that little escapade. And having a friend who also enjoys doing such things just fuels the flame. So the Perfect Storm unfolded this weekend as Jodi and I embarked on Philadelphia, Penn the City of Random Statues!

So Jodi won these hockey tickets through the NHL that she could go to any game all season she wanted to for any team. Upon realization we had not been using this to our advantage we have tried to squeeze in as many games as we can before the season ends. So we drove to Philly to watch the Flyers take on the Islanders. Now I have never been to Philly and Jodi had only gone when visiting a friend at Villanova and they never went and really experienced the fun of the city. So we knew this would be a great weekend of adventure.


The sad thing was neither of us was actually feeling well, she had come down with some stomach bug and I guess since we are always together I obtained the same bug. And her parents were in town for one night only on Friday so we just left Saturday morning and came back early Sunday afternoon for church. Now just because we were there barely over 24 hours and both under the weather does not mean we did not have a super fun time! I prepared my usually “folder-o-fun” and we had about 2 hours after the game to get everything in… we did as much as we could and then had to go back and rest before attempting dinner. I included some pictures below of the trip sadly this is just a small snippet of them as we took so many my camera ran out of space! But I think the fun is lost on others when they are not there… but alas I could share a bit with y’all. (Another fun fact was my friend Katherine was flying in on Sunday to check out a MBA program there and we got to spend about an hour with her!)


Working on getting the pics up... sorry not tech savy!

No comments: