Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Here we go Again!

So I feel like recently I have just been posting catch up posts, and here is yet another. I am sitting here with a VERY Venti Mocha and trying to get myself awake to write this and then dive into the pile in front of me of work. So I am procrastinating! And I will put another side note in there. I LOVE my folks at the Starbees by my office. They are a great team and are always having fun and encouraging. But not in a over bearing I want to kill you this early in the morning kinda way. I was in Philly this past week for work and the Starbees there had a staff that looked like they were just as asleep as I was and not happy to have to serve me coffee... No fun!

But I digress so here is some pics of things going on... a couple of weekends ago my good friend Jared came up to visit and we headed to Annapolis to tour the Naval Academy with one of his hometown friends, and then go to the navy vs. Duke game. While this was a HUGE change from my Kyle Field days it was an amazing campus and the game atmosphere was fun! The we headed down to the harbour to have some good seafood, and then to the city for a little dessert! It was good times by all


The Group out for Dinner at Cactus Cantina!


Jared's friend John toured us around the Academy! Its amazing everyone should go see it! Especially the chapel!


Jared, Me, Cristina and Matt at the Game



We hung out with one of my former students Des for dinner


Then my good friend Shari and I got together to tour the monuments as she and her husband have headed back to Texas and there was still some sight seeing to be done. The fun part was one of my campers from when I was a camp counselor in Texas moved up here and contacted me so we had dinner and hung out as well!



Shari, Me, J'aime and President Lincoln


Then I headed to Philly for some work and was able to have dinner and a relaxing girls night with my good friend Kate!


Then it was off to our churches Fall Retreat! 500 + singles drove down to a Young Life camp in South West Virginia for a weekend away of great teaching and some of the best worship I have ever taken part in!


Our little group getting ready to head into a talk

John Speaking at Retreat
Me and the Gathering Gal leaders from George Mason


Old Friends are the best friends Beau, Me, Amanda and Jerry after breakfast one morning


Me and the guys before the last session


My good friend Dan and I


Me, Beau and Lauren late one night


2 comments:

Amanda said...

Y'all had 500 singles at your retreat? That is very impressive. I hope you had so much fun!

Melissa and I got to visit Westpoint with my mom back in college. They had a bonfire that night in honor of the Army v. Navy game that weekend. It was very different from our bonfire of old, but it was so much fun. I have no desire to be in the military but that Westpoint is one impressive place!

The Wests said...

Michelle, you stinkin' know everybody!