Wednesday, October 10, 2007

WOW

I really don't know what else to say but WOW! I sat last night speechless at the faithfulness of God. Not that I ever doubted Him to be faithful to our prayers because I knew He would provide exactly what we asked for. But even when you know God is going to take care of it, the moment He does is still amazing and leaves you awe struck. I know I say that often about a Tuesday night but there is something about watching these students coming together and worshiping and serving their campus that always gets me choked up. I love these students and care for them more than I can ever express and do realize that they are the Lords and He is just allowing me to watch them for a while.

Our students have partnered with an organization called the Sparrow Club to sponsor a child by the name of Cierra who has been battling cystic fibrosis her whole life. They are working to provide her family with basic needs and assistance and watching them rally around this little girl last night was amazing. The worship was what I think a glimpse of what heaven will be like. It was as if the students could not sing loud enough to express their love for the Lord, and then as Mike began to talk I started my Tuesday ritual of counting to see where we are. Now please hear me when I say it is NEVER about numbers for us but it something we love to see Gods faithfulness in. If we were back with just three students or one for that matter I would be just as happy to be there. But my prayer for this semester was to break that 100 mark. And last night as I began to count I thought I miscounted and started again because as I finished just one side I was already well into the 50's. We ended the night with 101 souls in that room and I was in awe of the Lord. Because these 101 souls were there to worship God and see Him move. They did not come because we were giving out free burritos or anything else they were there to meet with the God in heaven and He brought them there so He could meet them face to face.

Standing in the back of the Kay center last night and seeing all that God has done over these short years not only on our campus but the fact we are on 5 was amazing! John and I were speaking to two potential volunteers and they asked how many more campuses we thought the Gathering would spread to. And we both just said we had no idea God was going to spread us to 5! So who knows! its awesome when you see the Lord bless a ministry this way, and I love that our volunteers and John always give Him the praise never trying to take any of the credit. I am blessed immensely to serve in this capacity and I am so excited to see where God has us going! Who knows but one thing I do know, He is going to continue to show up in a major way and I can not wait to see what He does next Tuesday!

Oh other cool thing, on our churches prayer guide for the month of October, the entire church was praying for The Gathering as a whole yesterday! So we were extra blessed that it fell on the day of our service! PTL!


I would be lying if I said these images were from last night, sadly I took no pictures but did get some video... but these are from a couple of Tuesday's ago. Still gives you a glimpse of what amazing students I get to hang out with!






No comments: