Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Chao

Oh my… well I have just experienced one of the best meals I may have ever had in my entire life! I am so overcome with food I can not work and had to write this post. My boys and I here at the office have been talking about going to Fogo De Chao ever since Dave went there in the spring. But things always came up and we kept putting it off. Today Dave surprised us and said we are going today… What! Are you kidding me! I have not prepared! I planned to fast before hand, have a serious work out in the morning… wear stretchy pants! Here I am in my normal suit with no room to breathe and have had breakfast and dinner last night and you want me to go today! Well to be honest despite my lack of preparation it was not hard to convince me.

Once we arrived it was all I had prayed it would be. They are working on the outside area and thus it does not look like a gem from the outside but once you grace the doors you see the goodness that is the Chao. The atmosphere is awesome, not too stuffy but still nice. The waiters are dressed in traditional Brazilian garb and are some of the best in all of DC. The whole idea of the Chao is meat on swords! Basically is kinda like Tres Amigos with the little flags you raise when you are ready for food. Except a bit classier. There is a salad station that is amazing with all sorts of salads, cheeses, vegetables, spreads and breads and well you get the picture. Then they bring you wonderful warm cheese bread, fried bananas, crispy hot polenta and seasoned mashed potatoes and they keep refilling these if needed. So if you go with two big boys who played college ball like me you don’t have to worry about loosing all your food. Then come the servers…

It's so glorious, Dave was a bit sad we were seated near the kitchen but I thought it was the best, you could see the waiters come rushing out of the kitchen swords of meat in hand. It was quite a sight, they come out in droves ready to serve and rush to your side to ask if you want one of the 15 cuts of beef, pork, chicken, and lamb that they have. They then slice it right there onto your plate and the next sword walks up. When you have enough on your plate you simply turn over your disk to signal you are good for now. My plan of attack I left mine up till I saw each of the 15 meats and chose a small to lets be honest medium selection of each. Whew! It was intense and amazing! The meats are awesome and mouth watering. The waiters were gentleman and ladies, and took care of your every need. Its how a restaurant should be run. If you can go to the Chao I HIGHLY recommend it as there are many there in Texas! Okay I am going back to my food coma…….

4 comments:

shalonda said...

okay this sounds enticing! hope you at least had enough room when you unbuttoned your top button, lol!!!

Miss Mommy said...

We LOVE The Chao!!!!!

The Wests said...

It's so good; there's one in Houston! Talk about full!

The Schmidt Family said...

You crack me up girl! Wow did I have a lot to catch up on with your blog!