Monday, November 5, 2007

MIA!

Okay I am sorry for being so MIA recently but it was all for good! I have recently accepted a new job!!! I am VERY excited and looking forward to the new challenge. I will stay in DC and not head to a new city but you just never know where I may turn up next, what is that a Big Apple in the distance or is it just getting Windy in here!

So on top of all the interviews and grueling process of the new job I also got to travel back home and hang with a lot of good friends and a lot of new babies!!! One of my favorite things in life is that while it is very weird and peculiar to me to think of babies, I DO love my nieces and nephews and just because there is no blood there does not mean my good friends little ones are not related to me… scary I know but I love being an Aunt! You get them all hopped up on sugar you are the hero and then you send them home! What is wrong with this plan! While in Texas I got to travel back with my good friend Rachael and Jodi was to come but a very sad sequence of events and two missed planes and she was stuck in DC.

After some good time in College Station catching up with friends and some good Aggie football even if we did not win… I headed to New Orleans for some business. We worked our tails off and to be honest it was one of the BEST business trips I have gone on. Our team to work with was awesome and gelled just right. So despite all the crazy antics and lack of info we pulled of a few great events! Whoop! Then I got the chance to head over to a special project Emeril Lagasse is helping with and taste a lot of his famous food and hang out with him for a while. It was awesome the food was good and that guy can hug I will tell you what!

Once back in DC after some plane fiascos myself, I slept for 9 straight hours it was AMAZING! And then headed to an 80’s party with my college students only to have to leave early to attend my roomies 30th birthday! It has been a FULL last week and a half and I will post pics up as soon as I can!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm so glad you had fun in C.S. and that your N.O. trip was great! I hope the new job is a super huge blessing.

Maggie said...

What is the new job?