Monday, June 4, 2007

Are You Kidding Me!

So if you remember back I spoke of a little competition that Jodi and I had begun. We are trying to see who can run 5 miles in the fastest time... well for a while now I have held the record at a not so impressive 43:17 (but very impressive for a 26 yr old who never ran fast in the first place!) So I have held this record for a few months now partly because it had not been broken and partly because we just have not had time to try...

Well the other day I got a phone call stating my day of reckoning had come, you guessed it good ol Jodes broke the record and set it at 38:45! WHAT! She shaved off 4 and a half minutes! How am I to break this! I mean seriously I have to get some less intimidating friends or at least ones that are less fit... so pray for me as I beat myself up trying to beat this record... again remember my fastest mile in high school was 7:57 people! This is going to be a rough deal...


Seriously y'all! This is what I am up against... not even fair!

4 comments:

Miss Mommy said...

Is that a bruise on Jodie's arm? Seriously, just to make you feel better, I run 3 miles in 35 minutes! :) And, even better, I am quite proud of that!

Michelle said...

Yes not a weird tan, she got it from a challenge she participated in...

Michelle said...

And are you sure you don't walk it in 35 min... b/c if I remember correctly someone used to be the fastest speed walker in town!

Miss Mommy said...

Yes, I am sure I don't walk it...I would be faster...