Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Birthday Recap - Round One

I had a great 27th Birthday week of festivities. Still have to upload pics from last nights dinner but here are some photos and info of all the fun that has taken place thus far!

It was kicked off with a dinner with my Bible Study on Thursday night where Jodi brought me an ice cream cake. I use this word loosely as by the time the cake made it to me it was pretty much more ice cream than cake. And had to be taken out of the box and put into Tupperware for safe keeping...But still a good time.


Friday, Jodi had planned a low key party for me. We thought entering my late twenties would be a good time to reminisce about my youthful days. So thus we had a “Chucky Cheese” style party at Dave and Busters. A bunch of folks showed up to play games, eat food and have a great time. I schooled John and almost Jodi in Air Hockey, took on everyone in skeeball with my top score at 340! WHAT WHAT! Traded 1st Place honors with everyone on the basketball game. And then Jodi and I attempted the Dance Dance Revolution game, and convinced John and Jeff to do the same. All I have to say is that this game totally dated all of us as we were completely confused and humbled by the game and our lack of dancing skillz! At the end of the night everyone pooled together the tickets won and got me a large purple bear and some other random goodies.


Some of the folks who came out on Friday to celebrate my birthday with me! Thanks Everyone!

Jeff, Me and Aaron

Gathering Folks! Rachael, Jodi, Me, John and Ryan

Me, Shari and Jodi

Me, John, Jess and Micah

Old Campaign Friends!

Me and Jodes attempting to "Dance"

This confused face says it all!

Jodi and I then packed up and hit the road around 1 am and headed to Lake Anna about an hour and a half south. We got in around 3 am and slept till a little after 10 am, when we got up had some wonderful banana bread from Jodi’s mom and then headed to the water for a little skiing. Jodi’s Dad was great and had the boat in the water waiting for us and took us out on a tour of the lake. Jodi did some slalom skiing and then I hit the water for my first ever attempt at water skiing. I was able to get up on my fourth try! Whoop! It may not have been pretty but I was up! The water was awesome and even though I hit the water more times than not, I had a great time and Jodi’s Dad was very patient with me through the whole time. We then hit up a little Cheesecake Factory and devoured some great food and my fav Tuxedo Cheesecake!

Jodi showing off her skills on the Water!

Me... Not to Graceful... But Like I said I am up!

Jodi and I on the Boat
Mr. and Mrs. Weatherton
Sunday came one of my favorite surprises of the weekend… after service at the Weatherton’s church we headed to Sonic! WHAT! Yes folks there are no Sonics within an hour from where I live and they run the commercials ALL the time! I totally enjoyed my Sonic trip and inhaled two drinks. (Strawberry Slush and Strawberry Smoothie) So I like strawberries… I also had some of Sonic’s wonderful Tater Tots! After Sonic we headed back to Northern Virginia for church where I rocked my gift from Jodes a great shirt that reads “I’m Kind of a Big Deal”.

Jodi and I ordering at Sonic... I kinda ordered one of everything!

Enjoying my Sonic Drink!

Rachael, Me and Jodi with the Bear from D&Bs
Nuf Said!

3 comments:

Mendy said...

HAPPY BELATED BD!!!

Hugs from the One and Only, Great State of TEXAS!

Anonymous said...

Lets be honest you ARE a big deal! Happy Birthday!

J. said...

love the 'stros hat....