Monday, April 23, 2007

On A Lighter Note

Well I thought I would share a funny story that happened to me on the metro to lighten things up a bit. This happened just a few weeks ago and was a bit funny and a bit creepy all at the same time. Well just about all of you know about my habit of sleeping on the metro. I get up bright and early now a days (4:30 am!) and so I covenant my time on the metro to sleep! And yes I SLEEP! Sometimes I sleep so hard I think I am in my bed. I often have those moments when something startles you in your dream and you jump... yeah those are great to explain to a train full of rush hour commuters. Its awesome and humbling.

Well this particular morning it was actually nice out and I did not have an over coat on, and took my suit jacket off as I found my seat in the corner as I always do so if I lean I do so on the wall and not so much on the man next to me... I put my small gym bag on my lap and crossed my arms on top of it. I was wearing a pair cuff links that were a gift to me from the head guy at my former place of employment and needless to say they are cool cuff links. A gentleman (and I use that term loosely as you hear the rest of the story) sat down next to me and was obviously admiring my cuff links. I thought with pride yeah that's right I have a pair, and yes I really am as cool as you think I am! (Maybe God is trying to bring down that pride level...huh... but I digress) I dosed off in my normal fashion prepared not to awake for another 40 minutes or so. I wake up at my normal stop right before I exit, promptly thanking the Lord again for waking me up at the perfect time. And begin to prepare myself to exit the train. I look down and low and behold I am missing one cuff link. The cuff link on my right sleeve is missing. My arms are in the exact same place they were when I fell asleep so I assume it could not have gone far but ponder how such a well made pair of cuff links would slip out. As I look on my bag and around me there is no cuff link in sight! I do a much more thorough search only to come up short again.

Well I am not one to point fingers but the only explanation we can come to here, is that someone straight took my cuff link of my person! WHAT IN THE WORLD! I mean who takes ONE cuff link! I know they are cool and such but how far is he going to get with just one! I had to rig a paper clip to hold my french cuff shirt that day! Yeah that looked awesome. Never fear I have had the link since replaced but I am now more aware of my surroundings while sporting them and try to keep my suit jacket on as to deter would be thefts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have to be kidding me? That's hysterical. Wonder if it will show up on ebay? I mean, what on earth is he going to do with 1 cuff link? Ha!