Monday, April 16, 2007

Gym Encounters

Ah, my gym! You have to love it, it is a place of the most random happenings. Well recently I had a pretty great random encounter. The other day I worked out with Maggie Gyllenhaal! You may know my good friend Mags from many movies such as World Trade Center, recently Stranger Than Fiction and many know her from Mona Lisa Smile. As I have said before the early morning crowd at my gym is pretty small so when someone new decides they want to join us they usually stick out like a sore thumb, stealing “someone’s” treadmill, taking too long on the weight machines, you know anything that disrupts our usual morning routine of working out. So when she entered the gym she was pretty easy to spot.

Well I guess this is the point I should clarify “worked out with”… so by “worked out with” I mean I ran on a treadmill just a couple down from hers, then we stretched out in the same general vicinity we did not talk much, but I could tell she was like "That is the coolest girl I have ever not met". And I was all "I know!" Her body guard asked me at one point to move that I was freaking her out but I assured him we were good friends and new work out buddies! (Totally Kidding about that last part!) But it was something fun to make my usual boring work out routine a bit interesting. And it was funny watching all of us pretend not to stare or care but all of us were totally staring. I bet that made her feel REAL comfortable. And no one said anything to her about disrupting the normal pace of the herd and stealing one of the “regulars” treadmills (because sometime this specific persons treadmill she swiped can be a bit feisty with new people, always informing them that is her treadmill as she like to watch that TV) So all is all it made my morning very fun and I will keep my eyes peeled for the next celebrity to work out with!

2 comments:

The Schmidt Family said...

Your blog rocks! It's so good to see what is going on with you! Keep making an impact for Him!

Anonymous said...

I must confess that I haven't seen many of her movies. But, I would have totally raved about her performance in "Stranger Than Fiction." What a great movie!

-Trait