Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Roses, Racquets and Wrecks


Okay it’s a “W” not an “R” but its close! And “W’s” are always something good! ;) Anyway… so last night I took part in something I can only blame my time with Team Dickerson for. I attended a “The Bachelor” Season Finale viewing party… Yes I have never watched the show before. I mean I had seen a couple of episodes when I was at friends houses but never was intentional about it. But one thing Team Dickerson taught me was the beauty of reality TV… Dancing with the Stars is another Team favorite… So luckily I have some pretty cool friends here and Ashley and Haley organized a great watching party. They reserved a back room at The Daily Grill (one of my DC favorites so glad its here in Austin) And had a beautiful table set up with a rose for each girl. So it was a fun night even if I thought the ending of the show was a little trashy… It was so bad Ashley could barley take it… Seriously Jason, Seriously!


Ash and Haley our Party Planners


Ash SO upset with the ending she decides to eat her rose in protest!



So this morning when my alarm went off at 5:20 am to go meet Jenn for racquetball I was not so chipper as I was the last morning round. So I blame Jason for making me stay out so late last night and not sleep well! I was so upset for both Melissa and Molly… this show is NO GOOD! Any way, so I got up and headed to the gym, not feeling so well and it showed. I had awaken a sleeping giant already from boasting of my win last week. And Jenn let me have it this morning… she won ALL 4 games! I was SHUT OUT! I hate being shut out! I did hold my own though and the last three games were close… first one not so much… So now Jenn is up on me 11 games to my 8… I have a lot of work cut out for me on Thursday morning. Luckily we are playing again at 5 am… so she will get less sleep and I will get her then!



Jenn Showing off her "V" for Victory


Yes we know... 4 games... to my ZERO!~ (Stupid Jason)




Then later in the morning as I was heading into work, I thought I needed to stop for some Starbucks I was still dragging even after my morning beating. So I stopped at this drive up one not far from my house and just off the interstate, the drive up line was packed so I parked and got out to order. This worked supremely into my favor as one of God’s great creatures walked up to order his coffee. Suddenly I was awake and alert and standing up straight, weird. He struck up conversation immediately asking me if I was heading south. I told him I was and he told me it was not a good idea and started to tell me all about the traffic woes on 35, so he walked over and asked where I was going, looked it up on his phone using google and told me a route that should get me around the traffic. (I should admit that there were two other women there and he was not at all concerned with their commute.) We chatted a bit longer and I tried to pretend the guy was not trying to hand me my coffee… STINK! I should note here I am so glad the guy at the counter did not ask for a name as I would have by law been required to give my Starbucks name and not sure telling him my name was Jackson would have allowed me the attention I got. So we bid our good-byes and I thanked the good Samaritan with my phone number… Just Kidding! But I may need to stop there more often now… I am suddenly finding room in my budget for my mocha in the morning.


And one last note I just had to add in here, was as I was walking in this morning from my car (we park in a church garage) I saw one of the art of multitasking moms walking in to drop her kids off… I really do hope it was one of the mother’s day out things, she had one strapped to her in some sort of carrying case, and one in each hand, who I think neither were more that three years old (which please take that assessment with a grain of salt as I do not know how to judge kids ages, I was shocked this weekend that Jada was only two, y’all she talks and runs around and everything…), and she was carrying a bag full of stuff! I lifted my mocha in her honor and took a swig and thanked the Good Lord I was single!


And by the way I am loving my new iphone as it allows me to take great pics every where!

2 comments:

JRD said...

yeah, i think jason will go down as the biggest jerk in bachelor history...and they have had some doozies on there before!

Tamara said...

You are such a trooper to go to a Bachelor party and to have never watch it. I was so upset by Jason... I will never watch the Bachelor again... it broke my heart!