Monday, November 10, 2008

Phi Lamb Invades DC

So this past weekend Washington, DC was invaded by 6 ladies from Phi Lamb at Texas A&M… They landed late on Thursday and took off late on Sunday and left a lot of folks staring in their tracks! It was so great to have these ladies in town, they are 5 of the 7 officers of Phi Lamb and one roomie, and they cane to hang with me this weekend and see the sights and the city. It was a little culture shock to them, and completely to the folks of DC. Laughter, bright colors, and lots of hugs are looked at with confused faces and concerned words. But these ladies did not leave any of those items in Texas!

It was a breathe of fresh air for me to be able to show off all the great things about this city after a week here that was no fun at all. To have 6 faces who enjoyed and appreciated every inch of this city was a lot of fun! They kept me up to date on the play by play of their journey here, when they left College Station, when they got to Houston and then a phone call from the plane before they took off. As they landed the squeals started… I had to rent a big mini-van (why do they call them mini when they are not so much) to tote everyone around… Lets just say this was an experience all of its own. And since I now am a member of Team Dickerson, I thought it best not to subject the great couple to six college girls, so we rented a two bedroom suite at the Marriott (thanks Dad) and had a blast there!

They got the full tour of everything and anything there is to see here. And they were constantly amazed at the color of the leaves and kept wanting to play in them. They took LOTS of pictures 921 to be exact, and lots of video… What was really awesome was we had lunch Sunday afternoon after church with my AU college students. It was awesome to see students I am privileged to pour into on opposite ends of the country and opposite on so many other issues, hang out and laugh over a meal… What a blessing! It was a jammed packed weekend and trying to give it any justice in words would just not do! I loved having them here every minute and missed them the moment they stepped out of my crazy mini-van for their plane home… Can’t wait for our next trip ladies! Love you, Katie, Alex, Sassy Chappy, Hannah, Fingers and Faith.

This is just a SMALL sample of the pics as I said 921 were taken... these are a few of my favs!

Katie on the phone telling me they are taking off!

Greeting the girls when they arrived

Getting excited about the weekend!

Please notices Hannah's bag which is only for 3 Days!

Me "Driving" a Mini-Van!


Alex a little scared by the driving and Katie amazed at the Lights...

Everyone trying to help me drive! I could not see anything!

With the Bosses Boots and Saber from A&M

Holding their own Press Conference

Spelling out USA in my office building lobby.... DC was not ready for them...

Taking them to DC MUST Ben's Chili Bowl!

Places their orders at the counter

My Roomies and Steph came to join us for dinner

Diggin In to Ben's Famous Half-Smokes

One of 50 or so photo shoots in the leaves

Big Night Out!

Alex and Hannah realizing its a bit colder in DC

My Friend Kate took this as we were walking around the reflecting pool

One Last Photo Shoot before they got on the plane!
Faith, Katie, Sassy Chappy, Me, Fingers, Hannah and Alex

Heading back to Texas... Miss them already!