Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Back to Phi Lamb

(Katie, Alex, Me, and Courtney... TIRED!)


So this year I was given the great opportunity to step back and be involved again in Sigma Phi Lambda. The Christian sorority I was a part of all through college that I really credit to developing me into a more mature christian woman. I made my best friends through this group and had a lot of laughs! So when I received a phone call this summer to see if I "had time" to be involved in the Alumni Council for the A&M chapter I told them "have time! what! Of course I have time!"

First it was great to see how the Lord is moving me out of leadership in the Gathering an organization I have loved for so many years, and helping me out with giving me another way to serve college students, who He has given me a deep passion for. He never moves you from one ministry without giving you another way to pour out and that is so awesome!

So as a part of the Alumni Council I get to pour into three of the officers Alex the VP, Katie the Secretary and Courtney the crazy Pledge Trainer (they told me we would get along, but I don't see it...) These girls and even the other 4 have become a great part of my life this semester and I look forward to all our chats. Last month I had the great privilege to speak at their fall retreat and share with them a lot of what the Lord has taught me since I left A&M. It was a great event and I will post some pics on that soon. (as soon as I get my camera back! ~ Which is also holding the pictures to the awesome NKOTB concert that I have yet to tell you about!)... But I digress, lets just say I did 3 talks in 14 hours... 8 pm, Mid-Night and 7:30 am, and was super sick, and on top of that I TOTALLY forgot about this college thing of not sleeping. So I did not got to bed until almost 3 am... see when you are 28 this is the perfect storm for a body crash! It was almost worse on my body than a campaign! So the photo up top is the four of us getting lunch after the retreat... man do I look ROUGH on so little sleep but hey it was a great night and some great food, with a lot of bonding and some embarrassing moments only we could love (**wink, wink Alex**)... nothing is right when you are running on such little sleep... I love you girls and I am looking forward to seeing you and the others in less than 9 days!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back to blogging...and I laughed at your comment about the MUM! I never thought people would not "get it"! :0 It must be a Texas "thang", huh?