Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Grand Central Station... and Quiet Times?

Lets be honest (I mean y'all know me, no one else reads this) I am a little weird... well lets just say weird. One of my favorite things about extended time in New York is being able to do my quiet times at Grand Central Station! Quiet and Grand Central Station is a bit of an oxy-moron, I know. But when I was growing up someone showed me this picture of Grand Central Station that just struck me. I loved it but was not too sure why.

As I got into college I took saw the picture again and the Lord showed me something in it. You can see the people moving about and going through their lives and then from the windows the light shines in illuminating the place. At that place in my life the Lord needed to remind me no matter how busy or crazy things around me got or that I myself got. His light was always shining down on me guiding my path and my way. So Grand Central Station became this amazing place of encouragement to me even before I ever saw the place!

I did not get to see it until 2005 and when I did I loved it and have ever since. Now every time I am in New York, I like to go there grab my bible, my ipod and a Venti Extra Hot No Whip Mocha from Starbucks and meet with the Lord. In the midst of the business of Grand Central Station the Lord stops me and reminds me He is the light on my life nothing I accomplish or do it, but Him and Him alone, and He is the one guiding and leading me. Its just more proof that the Lord will meet us no matter where we are!

No comments: