Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Back in Texas

My Grandparents have just celebrated 50 years together and all of their immediate family kids, grand-kids and great grand-kids gathered together to surprise them for a little family retreat in Flint, Texas. I was blessed in my good friend Heather offering to pick me up when I flew into Dallas. She was just about to the airport when she stopped for gas and her car would not start again! After much struggle she called me and I took a cab from the airport to the gas station. We awoke her brother from one of his last summer sleep in days to cross town and pick us up. After the tow truck showed up four hours later we headed off. Now do not be discouraged as if you have ever had the chance to hang out in small spaces with the Chapman’s it is never a let down! We did have a lot of fun waiting and rushing. We then met my two friend BK and Ashley for a quick bite at Panera and a chance to catch up with both gals. Then it was on the road again to meet my rents who were then driving out to Flint.

Sadly I did not get to bask in all the greatness of the resort we were at, as the heat and the traveling was pretty tiring on me after surgery. So much of my time was spent in doors and such. But it was still a great time with all my family. It was the first time since I was in high school that every member of the family was able to be there at the same time. There was A LOT of good food to be eaten, and a lot of fun conversation to be had. You know how crazy families can get, well mine is from New Orleans so we are just a tad crazier! And loud I might add. When my Step-Dad was driving me back to the airport there was a moment when we both realized it was unusually quiet almost eerie after all that chattering.

My Grandparents are great they have built a wonderful family and taught us the value of our loved ones. They have endured a lot to be where they are today and worked hard to ensure their children had more then them and our parents worked hard to ensure we had more than they did and now my siblings are working hard to ensure their children have more. I just love my siblings, we are all so different but that is what makes us great. We ban together and I know I always have them to count on. I could not ask for a better pair of sisters and a brother. So here are some fun pics of the trip…
Ash, BK, and Me

Me, Jordan and Heather fun in the Car!

My Grandparents! 50 Years!

The Shirts Grayson Made for the occasion

Grandparents and their Grand-kids

Grandparents and their Great-Grand-kids

My neice Sabrina the Diva

My Brother and I

Our Fam (minus kids.... hey who is watching the kids?)

Cousins Rockin the 50 Year Shirts!

Sabrina and her new Cinderella Doll to play with!

Savannah Excited about her new doll!

Papa Showing Victoria how to braid the dolls head... this was too cute to not get a picture!

This was great Savannah came in the room and said "Daddy! Puppy!" and Bear just dropped immediately and she climbed on her puppy!

2 comments:

Mendy said...

Ahhh, your beautiful, WONDERFUL family! I love them all! What great pics and what a blessed celebration- you are a lucky lady you know that?!

The Schmidt Family said...

Sounds like you had a blast! What a fun family.