Monday, July 16, 2007

One Last Hoorah

So some of you know and many of you do not but this week I am going in to have surgery to fix back problems that have been with me almost all my life. While I am very excited to get this done a major down side is I am going to be laid up for at minimum two weeks and then I will not be able to work out or do most good activities for another couple of months! So this past weekend was very crammed with a lot of stuff to make it one good last hoorah for a while!

Well earlier in the week I was able to go to dinner with one of my favorite crazy libs Deb O! Deb and I moved to DC about the same time and were the two youngsters in our bible study. We were in bible study together for a few years and then our group split off. Well she is headed back to Cali to work in San Fran so a few of us got together to say good bye at Cheesecake Factory! It was a blast lots of fun stories and things to catch up on! Congrats Jenn on being Prego! Can not wait to see little baby B! And best of luck Deb O as you head off to the left coast!

Then on Friday Jodi had the unfortunate experience in wrecking her car while she was waving to her brother she randomly saw on the road, so Friday night I drove her and her Brother and his wife Katie down to the lake house for a birthday dinner in honor of Rock Star Katie! It was a lot of fun and with the four of us in Harry we were able to take the HOV and save a lot of time and have a sweet time or worship in the car once we hit the back roads. It was good because Jodi and Andrew are both good singers so they totally drowned me out. Then Jodi and I stayed up late chatting with Mrs. W about all sorts of girl stuff, and getting ready for my surgery, because Mrs. W will be taking care of me afterwards and they are letting me recover at the lake house. My mom will be there as well so I am going to be totally gushed over!

Due to some dead lock traffic and a later than planned departure from the lake house we missed a great event and I was actually very sad to miss. Sorry Linds! But we did arrive in Northern VA around 8 pm and headed to go see some friends of mine perform in a little show. Everyone has a handful of friends they can totally be themselves around and let down all guards. Sadly a majority of those friends for me live in the great state of Texas. But the wonderful tour buses brought in three of them on Saturday and Jodi and I went and hung out with Rex, Willie and Mica and got to watch the new show! Mica had an amazing solo during the show and it was fun to watch her work the crowd. Then we all just laid low sat around and caught up only to end the night with a late night dance party on the bus… it was very humorous! We also had to park far off so at the end of the night the guys thought it would be good to get a golf cart to take us back to the car, well since there was no one around they just jumped on and off we went… it was a matter of moments when we realized there were two golf carts chasing us down and they followed us all the way to my car. I was just waiting for the sky news chopper to come in and cover the late night low speed chase. Um yeah I would like to emphasize low speed. Sunday brought some more hang out time with Jodi, then off to church and a benefit for the Gathering which I think brought in some good dough!

So now I have a couple of days to get everything set before I go under the knife… so I may be missing for a while but I will let you all know I am doing A- Okay when I am through

Me, Jenn, Deb O and Amanda

Mrs. W participating in some late night Girl Talk

The Band Performing!

Mica's Solo

Jodi and I at the Concert

Willie, Me, and Mica

Jodi and I and all the Guys getting ready for Dance Party!

Rex and Willie stealing the Golf Cart concentrating on their low speed chase

Me and the Fugitives!

1 comment:

The Edney's said...

Michelle,

How fun that I found you! I don't even know how, but I did. Hope all is well with you. I'd love to catch up!

Anitra
theedneyfamily.com