Monday, July 16, 2007

I Dig Jesus!

So I was tagged by my good friend Amanda to list out five things I dig about Jesus! I think I was tagged because of how holy I am or that humility is my spiritual gift. Or that wisdom runs deep in my bones… well if you don’t know me obviously I am joking! But I thought with my recent circumstances this was a great way to give major props to the main man in my life Jesus! So here goes ( I did not read Amanda’s before I wrote mine because I did not want to be swayed so if I repeat Manda I am sorry)…

These are the rules:1. those tagged will share 5 things they dig about Jesus…2. those tagged will tag 5 other bloggers…3. those tagged will post a comment here with their name and a link to their “dig” Jesus list…

1) Obviously Salvation! He loves me and wants to give me the best life ever and I have to do nothing at all for it other than accept His grace and sacrifice on my behalf! (Romans 5:8) You would be surprised to know I mess up… I know crazy huh… but I have done my fair share in sinning and because of that I was totally not on the list to get into heaven. But just because Jesus loves me, He paid my debt of death for my sin (Rom 6:23) when I deserved none of it. And the best part, He doesn’t ask me to do anything in return! Seriously! I just have to accept His grace! Now I am totally on the list for heaven and of all the access lists I get to be on this is by far my favorite and most prestigious!

2) He LOVES ME! I do not want to offend my married friends here but I am just going to come out and say it. Jesus loves me so much He wants me all to himself right now! Now two things can be derived from this statement one this is a late twenties single girls excuse to be single or I am so messed up God has a lot of work to do before I can marry. Both Not True! Seriously y’all it’s a very cool thought that right now the God of the universe wants me all to Himself! Once I get married and believe me I am totally for that one day, my heart will be different I will start having a family and others in there. But right now is a sweet time I will never get again where its just me and God. And He wants it that way or I would have someone else in this life. And to be honest all the crazy things I have done and get to do in life I LOVE that He is the one I share it with! Pretty cool huh!

3) He knows every detail of my life and has orchestrated things to bring me to this moment! Y’all this is cool! All of my life God has specifically designed so that I would be just where I am today! Things in my life struggles and victories all played a major role to bring me to this point in my life. He knew I would move to DC and obtain the job I did, and he orchestrated tons of things in my past to have that come about! WHAT! I know seriously! Even His plans for history as a whole has played a key role in my life and bringing me here. So these huge events that affect everyone He also made them so they would affect me individually to bless me and develop me!

4) He works all things together for His good! (Romans 8:28) This is huge for me, because this means even when I mess up and I do wrong against God. He can still use that mistake for HIS glory! I know! Because I mess up a lot and I hate to tarnish His name but He is SO much bigger than me! And He can work ALL things to His glory no matter how much I mess up or someone else hurts me! He uses it all! And when satan thinks he can get the best of me, God is all “I don’t think so” and uses his plans to make God look better! I love that!

5) This one I am going to leave broad because seriously can anyone name just five things they love about God! So I will make my #5 be that He created it ALL! All of this is His. He spoke it into being and He will take it out when need be no matter if it is me, or my little puppy or the entire earth! Its all HIS! None of this is made by anything but God! EVERYTHING goes back to Him! There is nothing more I can say on that because its so huge, I have nothing, have done nothing, seen nothing that did not come from Him and Him alone! WOW!


So go ponder how BIG our God is! Every authority is in place because of Him! Everything is where it is because of Him! Whoa! So there is my five and now I tag… Emily, Steph, Betsy, Martha, and Whitney!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Love it, love it, love HIM!

This was my favorite line:
And when satan thinks he can get the best of me, God is all “I don’t think so” and uses his plans to make God look better!

Thanks for playing!
Love ya,
AJ