Monday, July 9, 2007

The 4th Goes On Forever

And the Party Never Ends! So after leaving the lake house last Sunday night, I headed back home to endure a couple of days of work! My good friend David Dixon was in town for a few days so Tuesday night I went and retrieved him and we headed down to the lake house for a bit more fun! I will have to say out of everything that took place in that day and a half I think Dixon being beat by a 4 foot 11 inch girl in a tubing competition was my favorite part! We enjoyed a lot more food, a lot more sun, a little volleyball and some great times on the boat. Dixon and I headed back to DC on Wednesday night watching fireworks on our way up the highway, and headed to the great American time of baseball on Thursday! My sweet friends Ryan and Shari Langerhans treated David, Jodi and myself to some great seats to watch the Nationals take on the Cubs. Wish I could tell you the Nats beat the Cubs but they did not, Jodi and I have concluded it was because Ryan did not start and will be writing a stern letter to the team manager about this. After the game we met up with one of Dixon’s helicopter pilot buddies for a little Salsa dancing and fun! Lets just say I was not prepared and this white girl was wearing flip flops, but I made it look like I knew what was going on! Dixon headed back to Texas the next day and I headed back to the lake house for this past weekend.

I successfully was able to get up and ski behind the boat. Now the silly part on this is Mr. Weatherton has been patient in trying to teach me to ski and I have been using a pair of skis that were purchased for a tall guy so they are a tad big and I am so awkward with them in the water. So Friday night I attempted and got up for a small moment then BAM! Hit the water hard many times. So Saturday morning when we were loading into the boats, Mr. Weatherton said let me grab these other skis they will help. I thought nothing of it till Jodi jumped in the boat and said aren’t those the skis you taught me to ski on Dad? I was all then why haven’t we been using them all along, and Jodi laughed and said its because she used those when she was 5! WHAT! I was skiing on BABY SKIS! Well I shoved my foot in there and wouldn’t you know it on the first time I got up! WHAT WHAT! And skied behind the boat for a while. I am now a believer in the Baby Ski! The rest of the weekend was much of the same of the rest of the week, boats, water, laying out in the sun, and oh yeah lots of good food! Jodi and her mom made my two favorite desserts that I love, Mrs. Weatherton’s famous Chocolate Chip Cheese Cake! And Jodi’s famous peanut butter chocolate chip cookies! Then on the drive back we picked up a little Sonic, I ordered a large drink not remembering that large at Sonic can sometimes mean enormous, but non-the-less I was happy and delighted to have my fabulous fluid! I have enjoyed my week long celebration of this great nation and I am looking forward to the next 4th of July!

Courtney Schooling Dixon on the Tubes!

She took in him out 4 out of 5 times!

Dixon and I

Shari, Jodi, Myself and Dixon at the game

Jodi, Me, and Rachael enjoying Smores and Worship

Jodi's Mad wake boarding Skills!

Jodi, Me and Tiff with Baby Skis!

Jodi and I on the Boat

Our Trusty Boat Driver!

Me Skiing!!! WHOOP!

Tiff, Jodi, Bri Anne and I on the Dock

Me and my Favorite Weatherton Desserts!

Jodi mocking my Big Sonic Drink!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Michelle, You always did know how to celebrate. It shocks me you didn't know how to ski, I thought after all that Camp Balcones summers you would be professional. Thanks for all the old pics, I had fogotten about your pranks and the HIPPO. Good times. From hippos pranks, and silver spurs. I wish you could go back and relive a test free week of college. Whit

Amanda said...

How fun! I bet Dixon loved getting to be around so many girls. Even if he was greatly humbled by one!

So what were the silver spurs? I don't remember that!

Michelle said...

Silver Spurs was the Girl Team at Camp we coached... The picture of me and three others stacked on a purple flag were the silver spur coaches that year! Good Times Spurs!