Monday, May 21, 2007

Taste of the South!

Taste of the South is one of my favorite events in DC, and I look forward to every year. And every year it never fails to rise to my expectations. What is Taste of the South you ask, it is a wonderful Black Tie event put on by all the Southern State Societies to raise money for charity. It also features all the good food of our beloved home states. Yes I actually prep all day with eating just the bare minimum I need to, to survive so that I might eat all that I can that night. Ah catfish, hush puppies, tamales, queso, salsa!, any fried southern goodness... you get the point, the key here is it is all done right. And that's just dinner, then you have dessert, Pralines, Bluebell, Apple Pie you see what I am saying. Ah its a good time for my belly. Then after you have eaten everything you can while still fitting in your dress, you head out onto the dance floor to burn off as many of those calories as possible. And as y'all know, I may not have rhythm or can "dance" to people standards but heck I love to have a good time. So we danced the night away and then limped back to our car in our heels. (Side note: Why has no one come up with heels that look good and are comfortable for a night such as this! My feet were KILLIN me by the end!) So Shari, Jodi and I headed down town for a fun night at Taste of the South and ran into a lot more friends there. All in all a good time was had and a lot of good food was eaten... I had to fast on Sunday just to recover from all the fried food I inhaled the night before. Ah but it was worth it let me tell you!

Here are the pics below... sorry no slide show was having some issues with them this morn and decided I did not want to fight... so here they are individually, you can click on them to make them bigger.

Jodi, Shari and I at TOTS

Me and the Guys

Stoney, Tara, Ricky and I

Bible Study Gals, Amanda and Candice!

Rebecca, Me and Mary-Scarlett

Josh and I!

Ladies in Black

Ricky Rockin the Aviators

Ricky and I breakin it Down on the Dance Floor
The Gals and Ricky
Walking back to the Car after a long night Dancin!

1 comment:

Miss Mommy said...

You look lovely! I love the girl in the hot pink dress- it's like she missed the memo! Totally kidding- obviously, she looks great, too!

I also am in the south- yea! Being back home in TX is awesome!