Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Oh How the Tables Turn

I told you it would happen, and I even warned Jenn, but nope she did not want to listen to me! This morning we walked onto the Racquetball court at crisp 5 am, Jenn was up on me bad; 6 games to 4. And I told y’all yesterday this gal is a primo athlete! She is the kind of person you love to watch play because it comes to easily to her and its just cool to watch someone master a sport, any sport really, with just picking up the ball, or racquet in this case.

I turned Jenn onto racquetball when we were in college and we started playing at our hometown rec center. I had taken a class at A&M to learn and Jenn just bought a racquet and some glasses from Academy and whipped me the first time! Really, Really! I thought for once I could take her but alas she is forever the better athlete. But then the clouds moved to my favor and the Lord shown His light of blessing upon my racquet. I met Zain, he stumbled into my court in DC when I was at the gym just hitting the ball around by myself. On a side note, Zain is one of the most amazing people I have ever met, when he was 16 his parents took all the money they had and put Zain on a plane from Pakistan to America by himself people! He was going to attend college! He landed in NYC only for a layover, then he jumped on another plane that took him to Beaumont, Texas, he says it was the craziest experience of his life, to have his first American experience be NYC, and his immediate second Beaumont? He was VERY confused! But I digress…

Zain is also an amazing racquetball player and through the year or more we played together he kicked my butt often! The only times I beat him was after he had come back from traveling and we played the games where I was handicapped 10 points (FYI you only need 11 to win). So anyway through Zain’s training I got better, then I got to play with Ben and Alex, both two amazing racquetball players as well who always kicked my butt and taught me a few tricks of the trade!

With this you think I would be unstoppable, but people you do not know Jenn, she is stinkin super human when it comes to sports. And I am a bit out of shape… so she had been kicking my butt since I got back. And I warned her things would change if we played in the morning… and change they did! The first game was brutal! She slaughtered me 11 to 3! What 3 points that’s it… I think I had to wake up though because I went on to win the next 4 games! WHOOP! And now the record stands at Michelle: 8, Jenn: 7! So we play again Tuesday morning bright and early! And I will let you know how it goes… I mean if it goes in my favor of course!

1 comment:

The Wests said...

I had no idea you were such a raquetball pro! Looking forward to seeing you soon.